AVON, Ohio & FAIRVIEW PARK, Ohio – May 1, 2018 – PRLog — Grady Podiatry Now Offers Safe Medical Pedicures. Medical Pedicures are performed by a doctor. As part of a medical pedicure, the doctor performs a routine foot exam, then nail care with sterile instruments. Grady Podiatry provides strict medical sterilization of all the instrumentation that is used.
Medical Pedicures are great for diabetics and those with poor circulation. We do not cut your cuticles. Cuticles are like eyelashes: we need them to keep dirt and germs outside of the body where they belong. As part of the medical pedicure, we soften the cuticles to improve their appearance. We also soften and safely file away dead dry skin with a single-use foot file.
Included in the medical pedicure is a soothing and muscle relaxing treatment with a steamed towel. This is safer and more hygienic than a foot soak. In addition to shaping and filing the nails and removing dead skin and calluses, you can choose to have non-toxic antifungal nail polish applied to your toenails.
The medical pedicure treatment consists of the following:
- Hydrotherapy treatment with steam towels with occlusive wrap.
- A medical evaluation of your feet by a podiatrist.
- Mechanical debridement of all corns, callouses, fissures, etc.
- Trimming and reduction of nails, including debridement of thick or ingrown nails.
- A massage in order to restore your skin and aid circulation.
How much does a medical pedicure cost? Medical Pedicures are affordable. We charge $45 dollars for the medical pedicure. If you are at least 63 days from your last podiatric nail care visit, the pedicure may be covered by your insurance.
ABOUT GRADY PODIATRY
Grady Podiatry offers a wide variety of services to treat our patients and strives to improve the overall health and well-being. We focus on preventing, diagnosing, and treating conditions associated with the foot and ankle.
Grady Podiatry focuses on preventing the need for surgery and amputations. We specialize in treatment for a variety of foot and ankle ailments, including calluses, ingrown toenails, heel spurs, and arch problems. In addition, Grady Podiatry also treats foot and leg problems associated with diabetes and other systemic diseases. With Dr. Jennifer Flo, a dedicated wound-healing physician, Grady Podiatry offers the treatment of chronic or difficult-to-heal wounds.
A general overview of Grady Podiatry services and focus includes but not limited to:
- Strong emphasis on prevention
- Evaluation of all patients through a comprehensive examination
- Safe Medical Pedicures
- Diagnosis and treatment of all foot problems
- Follow-up service for continuity of care
- Nursing Home and Hospital on-call service for consultation and treatment of acute foot problems
- Wound care management
- Diabetic shoe therapy
Healthy feet are the foundation to independence
If you have any questions, please contact us by calling (440) 333-7722 and schedule an appointment.